25 Things About Ms. Miller (2017-2018)
Hello. Thank you for visiting my page. I hope you find it useful.
Here are some things you might hear about Ms. Miller from your child. They are all true.
- This year, I teach second grade.
- I teach phonics, reading, math, science and social
- I am co-teachers with an awesome co-teacher, Mrs. Kaim. She speaks Spanish and English!
- I taught for seven years before coming to Oakcliff Traditional Theme School.
- I came to Oakcliff Elementary School in January of 2016.
- After school, I teach Code Club.
- I also work with the Chess Club after school.
- Yes, I am also an attorney. I could be a lawyer full-time, but I really like teaching. The kids are a lot of fun! I do some lawyer work on the weekends and during the summer.
- I have worked in technology, advertising, and the military.
- I played soccer thru high
school and was recruited to the U.S. Air Force Academy to play soccer.
- I left the Air Force Academy and went to Florida State University.
- I played rugby at Florida State University.
- I earned my Bachelor of Science in Media Communications at Florida State.
- I earned a Master's Degree in Education for special education at the University of North Florida.
- I earned a Juris Doctorate. This means I am a lawyer, also known as an attorney.
- I am a reading specialist
- I love to use technology and art to help kids learn.
- I have 3 dogs. I used to have 4.
- I used to ride a motorcycle.
- I used to live in Florida and return for visits often.
- I used to teach college introduction to computer programming.
- I think copyright is an awesome thing and try to teach people how to work with it, instead of against it.
- I think computer coding will be nearly as important as reading for our kids future.
- I have many hobbies including photography, technology, robots, STEM, swimming, biking, graphics and design, hiking, and fine arts.
- I have a son. I was in the hospital room when he was born. I got to cut his cord.