Welcome to Teacher Resources. I have collected some tech things over my years of teaching & life in business. Use them if you wish.
Visuwords.com Visual Thesaurus, Dictionary, and Interactive Lexicon
Visuwords is a really neat website that makes dictionary and thesaurus come to life. Words are linked "word-web" style. There is a key that tells users how the words are linked. If a user clicks a word, the map re-aligns to show how a web of words are connected. It is very powerful tool that should help with language development with learners of English and native speakers.
Sample screens in the Visuwords website
PrePrimer Sort - A Microsoft Excel "game".
A Microsoft Excel Sorting Exercise.
Students should know CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+X, CTRL+A, CTRL+S.
Linoit Sticky Notes Bulletin Board
Wordle (solitary version of Answer Garden) & Tagul
Independent version of Answer Garden
Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to your own desktop to use as you wish.
1. In Firefox, go to www.wordle.net
2. Click on “Create your own”
3. Type in or copy your word list
Manipulate it using Edit, Font, Layout, and Color. Here are some examples with the same set of words.
TAGUL - WORD CLOUD ART (Shapes)
Example of Very High Technology Integration
Office 365 One Note & Office 365 Sway
OneNote Class Notebook & My Notebooks
- Possible STEM Notebook for advanced students and students struggling to write
- Each student has a district email address for interactivity and collaboration.
- Persuasive Writing Tool!!!
like Word + PowerPoint combined.
- Great little program for students to create
products – especially persuasive and expository. It takes writing to a new
- The District already has it in our 365 Toolbox.
Making QR Codes
- 1st Decide what content you want the QR Code to Link to.
- You can do text only - like a parent reminder or a note on homework
- You can type that kind of message right into the QR Reader.
- If you want to link to a video your students made, you'll have to upload it to your school webpage. Then copy that URL address and put it into the QR Generator.
- Here are two equally good QR Code Generators:
A PowToon Assignment - In Less Than 1 Hour
Copyright & Royalty Free & Avoiding Plagiarism
- This site lists of a lot of sites for images - https://sites.google.com/a/bvcps.net/itrt-resources/copyright-free-images-for-teachers-and-students
- This site lists educational related pictures - http://eduscapes.com/tap/topic98.htm
- This site gives citation info for each picture. So it’s easy to cite. Pics are a little dated in some content areas. http://pics.tech4learning.com/
- This site is a small collection with good images. http://www.copyrightfreephotos.com/transport/1
This site has extra
hoops to jump thru, but great pics, royalty free if you do. http://morguefile.com/terms
watch for suggested pics that
- This site has Sounds and loops Royalty Free http://www.royaltyfreemusic.com/free.html
- Bensound http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music/2 CC3.0, No derivs, background and credit required per
- List of links - https://elearningindustry.com/ultimate-list-free-music-elearning-online-education
- Already using Kahoot! Step up your game. https://getkahoot.com/
- Make your game fly -- K!Academyhttps://files.getkahoot.com/academy/Kahoot_Academy_Guide_1st_Ed_-_March_2016_-_WOA.pdf
- Teacher Team approaches to creating Kahoots
- Model Kahoots to inspire you
- New ways to play
- Ghost Mode
- Blind Kahoot!ing
- Learners to Leaders <------ THIS IS A DESTINATION to make our students producers and not just consumers!!!
Why Tech Integration?
and Career readiness
- Our students are digital natives so tech hooks them !
tests students in integrated ways
- Our phones can tell us who, where, when
- We must teach how and why!
“I try to come up with lessons that I know I have to cover, and then see where I
can embed the technology in there without it being just fluff or just something
extra that we do,” Crissy
Wheeler of Barboursville Elementary School, Barboursville, West Virginia.
Apps for Ipad
- App Ruler - This app uses the camera to measure things encountered in the classroom. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/i-ruler/id474785950?mt=8
- MoviePro (iphone/ipad) - Intuitive movie maker program. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moviepro-video-recorder-limitless/id547101144?mt=8
- Aurasma - This is augmented reality app. It works similarly to a QR Code, but a still image is turned into the working part. There are a lot of videos on Youtube of teachers using Aurasma in all sorts of topics. Huntley Hills uses it for sight words.
Aurasma ideas - The options are only limited by your imagination.
- "Know Abacus" App - This app is tutorial and game based. It teaches the Soroban, the Japanese 6 bead abacus. To experience this app, students will learn "friends of 5" in a tactile way that is truly amazing. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/know-abacus/id641867438?mt=8
Fractions & Decimals By TicTapTech, LLC
- User friendly, uncluttered fractions and decimals practice for 3rd and 4th grades. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fractions-decimals/id1013503645?mt=8
- Flow Free Bridges Game (Pre-handwriting) - This is a connect-the-dot type game that increased hand eye coordination, and fine motor control. Good for early writers. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moviepro-video-recorder-limitless/id547101144?mt=8
- Wonder Apps - There is a squite of these apps. Wonder, Go, Blockly, Xylo, etc. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wonder-for-dash-and-dot-robots/id1033035498?mt=8
SAMR Model (Similar to Blooms Technology Taxonomy)
AMR In 120 seconds -- http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2013/06/samr-model-explained-for-teachers.html
start reading the presentation, here is a refresher about SAMR model levels:
tech allows for the creation of new tasks, previously inconceivable (more of an artistic creation).
Technology allows for significant task design
Technology acts as a direct tool substitute, with functional improvements
technology acts as a direct tool substitute with no functional change.